« Home | 13 Things I Love About FallOur Anniversary - such ... » | Liz and Jenny tried this, so I thought I would too... » | This Thursday Thirteen is for Kacey! I love you, ... » | Bowen turned 6 on the 25th! Happy Birthday, Bowen!... » | I know I am a week late, so just pretend that this... » | This Cow Makes Me Laugh...Ha » | Zeke is here! » | 13 Places I Would Like To Visit - no particular o... » | My family is home... » | Do I have too much time or what... »

Well, Deonna

has frequently reminded me it is time to update my blog. And yes, I am ashamed it has been a month since I have taken the time to blog. Wish I could say it won't happen again, but...

I read Liz's blog and cannot believe how her kids have grown and are actually adults - well Ashley.

Big news! Well, most of you know, but as of August 20th, we have a job! Yay! Jason is the pulpit minister for the Graceton Church of Christ in Diana, TX. It is about 2 1/2 hours away in beautiful East Texas. The town of Diana has about 1200 people and is unincorporated. That means 10 miles to Sonic and 17 to Wal-Mart or any grocery store for that matter. The area is beautiful! It is so dark at night and you can actually see the stars. Right now we are going every other week to preach and will make the big move on December 15th. The kids are excited and nervous. It will really be a time of adjustment for them, so please pray for their hearts. They will miss our family.

The people at Graceton are so sweet and thoughtful. They take us home every week for lunch - yes all 6 of us, the kids have just taken our kiddos in and made them feel right at home - On Sunday afternoons, they are outside doing something. The congregation is re-painting, and cleaning, and updating the parsonage for us. It is just so nice to be so well taken care of. We are not even "there" yet and they are so concerned with our needs. The house is a 4 bedroom 2 bath. I cannot tell you how excited the kids are about having their own space! Plus 2 pottys and a dishwasher. They think it is the greatest thing ever! I will be putting the kids in school. Wow! Big change for us all! Please also pray for us all that we will adjust well and that the kids and me will be ok with them is school. It will be different for them b/c I won't be sitting right beside them, b/c Mason will have to take notes, and write out full answers instead of doing things orally, etc. We have a lot of practicing to do. Also, I will really miss them. I am sure I will eventually enjoy the time alone.

Huge thanks to Deonna! She has gone down with us every other weekend and helped with anything and I do mean anything without once complaining. I am so blessed to have her in my life - to be so involved and love me so much! I love you, Dee.

I have waited to post this until we got pics. Of course, I deleted them from my computer, so it will be a little longer on that. I just couldn't wait any longer to let you all know how God has blessed us so richly. I cannot tell you what a burden has been lifted knowing that we already have a job - and quickly I might add. Not to mention we are a perfect fit! Jason and I have prayed all along that God would make it clear where we need to be. I am nervous about being the preacher's wife - bless their hearts, I am what they get - not exactly my idea of a preacher's wife. Jason and I are eager to serve and are so glad this is the place God intends us to be involved in.

OK - 13 Things About 2 of My Kids Being Sick.
  1. I hate viruses. Especially the sore throat and sore in the mouth kind.
  2. Tons of soup
  3. and Gatorade
  4. and Tylenol
  5. and Advil
  6. and crackers
  7. and staying home
  8. and Lysol
  9. and new toothbrushes all around!
  10. We are a little stir crazy - go figure.
  11. We were supposed to visit Allan and Carrie-Anne this weekend - maybe we still will if no one runs fever today.
  12. Lots and lots of hugs and kisses on the cheek and "Mommy is so sorry you are sick"
  13. I am sure when they are grown and away from home I will miss even times like this. I will miss taking care of them and loving them, and knowing I am doing my best to make sure they get better and trying to ease their pain. It will be someone else's responsibility. I only hope the cherish even the "sick times" as much as me.

Yeah!!! You updated!! Just kidding! I am sooo glad that God has placed you and Jason in such a loving and caring community. I know God will do great things through you both there. You shouldn't worry about being the preachers wife. You have a very kind, loving and compassionate heart. They will blessed to have you there. (The question is... when are you going to start teaching the ladies bible class?!?!? :):):)

As far as your kids being sick, it doesn't get a whole better when they are gone. When your daughter calls you from college because she is soooo sick she has been in the bathroom throwing up for the last four hours and you are 3 hours away and can only console her over the phone, it's really hard! I think kids always need their momma's. And I am sooo thankful, because I sure need them :)

May God continue to bless you and your family as you faithfully serve Him! We love your family very much!!

So glad to finally hear about the new job! Congrats! I'll be praying for you as the kids go to school! I love east Texas. Richard's grandmother used to live in Big Sandy until about a year ago. I loved the drive and going to visit down there!

Woman, it's time to update :) You've been at the new place for almost 2 weeks now. We are anxious for some news!! I love you and miss you!!! Merry Christmas!

I'm still waiting for some news about all the new stuff going on!! I hope things are going well. We miss you!!! Give everyone a big hug from us!! love you guys!!

I'm sure you are glad that Haley is gone :)

Thought I would just post that here since there is nothing new to read! :) I love you!!

Post a Comment